View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I'm getting about 62-66mpg at 65MPH with the A/C on flat ground. When the stars align I can get 68mpg at 68MPH. Unfortunately, I can't cruise in lean burn with the A/C running on the highway, I have to cycle in and out of it to maintain more than 55. Until I get the drag down a little more, I can hardly cruise on the highway and stay in lean burn 100% of the time even without the A/C. I could really use some Potenzas and maybe a partial lower grille block, even something like a rear wiper delete might might make a signficant difference when it comes to staying in lean burn.

While I'm thinking about it, I'm coming to suspect that going into lean burn right at 75mpg might actually produce less power than normal burn at highway RPM, something like this chart I just made up:

I don't have any extended highway trips planned in the near future though, so I have no way of testing this right now.
He was talking about in the civic. And what? I have no idea what you were talking get about with the mpg chart O.o.

Anyway, does anyone know of if it would be worth it to get insight rims or just keep the HX rims? I heard the HX rims were lighter, not sure if this is true.