View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
darcane

Welded up the exhaust:

And reassembled the motor. No pics this go around, looks the same as always except the power steering pump is now AWOL.

I did have a couple issues though. While it was torn apart, I replaced the brake pads. Well, the front calipers were leaking badly so I replaced those too. My 5-year-old son did a great job helping with bleeding the brakes. I got it all together and got the air out of the coolant and everything looked good. Put the radiator cap on and went for a drive... coolant was everywhere and it looked like my power steering was leaking, still.

Coolant turned out to be easy, the resonator for the intake bolts right above the upper radiator hose. Because of the orientation of the spring clamp on the hose, when I bolted down the resonator it pushed on the clamp. Rotated the clamp, and fixed.

Then I crawled under to check on the power steering leak and OH HOLY HELL THERE IS BRAKE FLUID ON ALL THE THINGS!!! Sure enough, my helpful 5-year old was also somewhat distracting and I didn't get the banjo bolt tightened down on the driver's side caliper. Cleaned it up and tightened the bolt.

Good to go.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-24-2014), Daox (09-15-2014)