View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Don't confuse a proper bleeding procedure with a bad radiator diagnosis. They are not related. You can put a brand new radiator in the car and not bleed it properly and it will still overheat.

Keep opening the bleeder until you get nothing but liquid coolant, That COULD fix the problem. The dealership replaced the water pump bypass hose on my Riviera. It was running hot until I took it back and they bled it until it had no air pocket and it ran cool.

regards
mech
I just took the car out for a spin after I burped the system, and it stayed 203F the entire time with the occasional bump to 204.8, but never stayed there for more then a second, when previously, it stuck there for a while. I took it up the steepest hill around here, which is pretty steep.

The first night I got the insight, I took it up the same hill and it stayed at 206.6 the entire time. This run, stayed dead at 203, and with that being said, it was hotter tonight then the night I tested it.

Tomorrow when I go to my friends house we will see how it does. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow then today.

Last edited by Baltothewolf; 09-10-2014 at 11:16 PM..