View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Hey bro,
The ones that I ended up ordering were 20w. However, after purchasing them, the seller wrote to ask if it would be OK for him to send the newer, 30w versions. These were new-stock, as they had sold out of the older (20w) stock. Cool with me
I wasn't saying I thought 4watts was bad. I was gonna go run and buy a set if they were 4watts and actually giving off good light. Three years ago, when I bought my HID system, there were no plug-n-play LED systems. My HIDs draw 35 watts, IIRC. Whenever I see new LEDs on the market, I like to compare. Twenty watts is a big step down from my 35 watts, but maybe I'll wait and see what else comes along some time. The lower wattage is good for battery power, especially in the winter when lights are on a lot more. I run with my alternator off as much as possible, charging from the grid at home and at work.

BTW, how are your LEDs wired into the harness? One of the things i really don't like about the HID is that the wiring comes straight from the battery terminals. There is an inline fuse, but it looks uglier.

Thanks for info...
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.