View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #83 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
TSX -- One Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
A Cd of 1.9 is terrible, and a Cd of 0.19 is outstanding.
Likely a simple typo or misunderstanding of the decimal.

Quote:
The Honda Insight has a Cd of 0.25

The Toyota Prius has a Cd of 0.26
I have to put in a pitch for the first generation Acura TSX.

Cd = 0.27

Luckily it has a 2.4L 4-cylinder instead of a 6, but makes 200 hp at a high compression ratio and with an automatic transmission. This is my Wife's daily driver -- we changed over to regular unleaded instead of premium and found no difference in FE or the performance for which we use it. Operating expenses are pretty low so far with the changeover.

I had a chance to drive it this past week. I managed 37.1 MPG over 189 miles (vehicle-best so far). If I had it longer and more chances to take the highway, 40 would be very easy to attain on a regular basis. I'm not sure about the 2009's Cd, but if it's close, I certainly hope they offer a Diesel as rumored. It would work great with a 1.8L or so, but it would detract from the "performance" aspect of the brand. Too bad Honda can't offer it with such options here.

IMO, it's a normal-looking car with a very good (comparable) Cd. Where are the other manufacturers? A quick inspection of standard items: partial front undertray, 4 spats, lip spoiler, partial rear diffuser, relatively clean undercar flow pans (exhaust system is the biggest drawback -- dual mufflers) ...

It definitely is a good learning tool for comparison of the older Integra and possible aero tweaks from the manufacturer's modern point of view.

RH77

_
_