View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #78 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,604 Times in 7,085 Posts
As much as I hate replying to my own post, I'll bump this one instead of going offtopic in the controller thread.

I have a donor car and the MGR, what I'm waiting on now is for the van I'm selling to move out so I have space to work. That's supposed to happen on Tuesday (this week, apparently) and I'll be able to get the car up on jack stands.

Y'all are talking about pricing at quantitiy 1, and showing populated boards. I'm trying to be patient but at some point I have to ask—for budgeting purposes, ballpark figure, not holding you to anything, how much will a controller for a single 650v Lexus MGR set me back?

Also, how many pounds per kilowatt-hour for non-lead acid batteries? How many kilowatt-hours in the volume taken be say 10-20 gallons of gas?

Once I'm in the space and the lights are on, I'll start a build thread, to leave this one to focus on the MGR. Since this vehicle will need to fill a variety of functions, it will be an electric Baja Bug/Bonneville race car/Zombie evasion vehicle. The thing is, I think I have a credible plan that finds the sweet spot.