View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
No, Pale was pointing out how people were ridiculously misrepresenting the capabilities of the Ridgeline. There are comments saying that it's less useful than an El Camino.

The El Camino has a smaller bed capacity, a payload rating of 1000 lbs compared with the Ridgeline's 1500 lbs, and has fuel economy that is laughable, even when compared with the Ridgeline's unimpressive numbers. The car is a turd, and there is a reason that the Ridgeline is selling in the year 2014, and the El Camino is not.

There are also comments saying that the Ridgeline is not tow rated. Actually, it has a tow rating of 5,000 lbs; enough to tow a typical sedan on a trailer.

I've seen a Ridgeline hauling two 4-wheelers in the bed along with various gear.

Yes, the truck gets pathetic fuel economy given it's limitations, but it isn't worse than an El Camino, or incapable of towing.
Now who is underestimating?

Fuel economy:
'87 Elky rated up to 16/22 Compare Side-by-Side
'15 Ridgeline rated up to 15/21 Compare Side-by-Side

Can't find dimensions online, but the Elky beds are close in size to the Ridgeline's from what I recall, just not as deep.

Tow rating? '87 Elky rated at up to.... 5000lbs. 5.0L, with a weight-distributing hitch, Chevrolet rated it at 5000lbs in their Recreation and Towing guide.

Here's the Elky in '77 , I've found references to the '87 being listed with the same rating, but no actual copy of it.

And I'd expect the El Camino to be a turd compared to the Ridgeline since it's about 30 years older... but they come out surprisingly close.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods