View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:07 AM   #1152 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
You can add a line to swap A and B inputs. That would allow the motor to turn the other way, and consider the other direction as positive rpm.

You know the age old question "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" Well, "What came first, the kneel or the Zod?"
The "A and B" inputs are the inputs from the encoder?
So if i physically swapped the A and B encoder inputs as well as two of the motor phases i would get the motor reversal and the controller would be happy with the encoders signals?

I only ask this just in case. Hopefully it will turn the way i need it first go.
That was one of the things i liked about the AC motor compared to the DC. It can easily go either direction and you don't have to worry about being able to adjust the brush angle.
Because some ICE motors turn one way others turn the opposite, i imagine i won't be the only one curious about how easy it will be to reverse the motors direction.
Also you never know when you may actually need those 5 reverse gears.

Oh, and the age old question in your signature. In a Darwinian universe the egg came before the chicken as dinosaurs laid eggs and dinosaurs pre-dated the chickens. But to say that would be a bit pedantic, so i am glad i didn't mention it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-30-2014), thingstodo (09-30-2014)