View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #75 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
We'll, I'm fighting on this A-pillar MPGuino housing still. My first rendetion (from my last post) didn't work out to well. After fiberglassing I went to test fit the screen, and there wasn't enough back space to mount the screen. This was due to the sloping/curved lines I made in the fiberglass design.

So, stepped back and punted. I'm now working on a boxed-in shape to the housing. Just finished the design yesterday afternoon. I'll post some pics soon, after it's fiber glassed in. Unfortunately, the new box shape is great for MPGuino fitment, but is ever-so-slightly blocking view to the top of the bottom pod (Vac guage). So, I'm left with a decision to make. Either: (A) cut the dual pod in half and mount the MPGuino pod about 1.5"'s higher than the vac gauge pod; or (2) cut them in half, and fiberglass in a "stretch" of that same distance in-between the two pods. I'm un-decided at this point, for a number of reasons...

However, I did fix my LED-headlight issues. Now they are back and running just fine! Ended up being the combo switch. Thread for that issue/resolution is here.