View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #93 (permalink)
sqidd
Uber Geek

Mr. Scary - '07 Ford Mustang GT Race Car

The Truck - '12 Ford F-150 Scab EcoBoost FX4

The 5.0 - '12 Ford Mustang GT Vert Brembo Premium

Da Foci - '14 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
Still undecided at this time but I'm looking at a "Shaman Equipment" kit.
Water to Air Intercooler

What do you think? Keep in mind the only time I will be taking advantage of the water to air cooler is when I drag race it and I'm also planing on doing a local hill climb.
IDK what is up with that goofy pump in that kit. Never heard of it, and I do a LOT of R&D/testing on A2W IC pumps. Chances are if it was any good I would know all about it.

What size are the AN fittings on that core? That is CRITICAL! That will make or break a A2W system. I'm not kidding hear, that is very, very important. I wouldn't go with anything under a -16. -20 would be ideal.

If you are only going to use it at the drags or hillclimbs don't mess with a heat exchanger. You will have to run a LOT more exchanger than that to get the performance you want. Plus you are going to have to mount and plumb that sucker somewhere that gets a lot of airflow. For what you are doing I would run a ice chest. It will work about elenvindy billion times better and end up costing you less money in the end because when you are running an ice chest you can employ one of the lower cost bilge pumps. And you can mount the ice chest in the back of the car out of sight and where you have more room. And if you need to you can always run it with just water in it. If the ice chest is aluminum it will shed quite a bit of heat.
The Following User Says Thank You to sqidd For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (10-13-2014)