View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
firehawk618
EcoModding Apprentice

97 Civic HX sedan VX trans - '98 Honda Civic LX + HX + VX
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
Thanks everyone.

I will comb auctions and ads online until I find either a complete, wrecked HX or VX and swap it into another chassis.

As far as my current Civic goes, I am using Neptune and watching my injectory dutycycle as I drive to get a feel for what gear / load the car likes the most.

I figure the lower the duty cycle, the better economy I am getting.

I will ultimately have 2 civics. One will be strictly MPG build, the other will be boosted *shooting for ~300whp* and I will also try to get MPG out of it too.

If the turbo + MPG works out I will probably sell the other Civic once I have it setup the way I want it, assuming I can get good economy with the turbo. I do not see any reason I can't accomplish that.

As far as the Cruze goes, yes if it were mine I would have already re-flashed the car, DP, etc etc etc but it's the wife's and she likes it the way it is.

I drove the Cruze before getting the Civic and thought to myself, wow this is totally gutless. After driving the Civic a while then jumping into the Cruze I now realize it does have decent power considering the car. lol