View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
metromizer
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rower4VT View Post
HHO IS A FRAUD!!! I cannot believe that people still think you can get something from nothing. If you are seriously considering installing an HHO;
FIRST take a look at all the fuel logs on this site and gassavers.org and notice that a large large majority of those that stated "installed HHO" or something similar, did not gain any mileage. Some lost mileage, others may have gained incremental mileage however no more than anyone else "new" to hypermiling and making normal tank-to-tank gains.
SECOND do some research on the science. You don't have to look in to the science of an HHO too much before you realize that an HHO increasing FE is about as likely as a perpetual motion car....unless you believe something like that is possible.
THIRD if HHO was so great (something from nothing) then CNN, Popular Mechanics, Motor Trend, and Ford would be all over it and the inventor would win a Nobel Prize!
I hope there's a money-back guarantee with these things.
That statement should be made into a sticky

I guess some people think the electricity it takes to generate on-board hydrogen or Brown's gas is free... as if it take no work to produce a burnable fuel, that's the problem. I think people get confused when a battery storage device is in the car's electrical system, and don't understand how an alternator generates current 'only when there is demand', and that it takes hp to generate that electricity. hp to generate electricy equals gasoline usage.

anox195, Don't listen to me or Rover4vt, though, prove it to yourself: Hydrogen is commercially available, set your car up with a cylinder and to burn a little hydrogen along with gasoline (just don't light up while working with the stuff.. sorry, a cheap joke... all in fun). Seriously, if you did that, it would surprise me if that additional fuel <hydrogen> you've just stoked the fires of combusion with, didn't reduce your gasoline comsumption. No magic there, but no free lunch, either (someone used electricity to produce that hydrogen you just burned)

Key: hydrogen burns, but that isn't at issue so does many other gases. What is at issue is weather or not you can generate Brown's or hydrogen using your car's alternator for free... If you could, you'd have a prepetual motion machine, something for nothing, or 'free lunch'.