View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
reformed
Did you get that thing?

Green Machine - '92 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.98 mpg (US)

Money pit - '97 Infiniti j30
90 day: 22.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metromizer View Post
If you could, you'd have a prepetual motion machine, something for nothing, or 'free lunch'.

If he was running the car completly on hydrogen and was making it from a generator powered by the car, then it would be perpetual motion, just adding some to the fuel currently being used (gasoline), isn't perpetual motion at all.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't think it (HHO generator) works myself, but thats just my opinion, not a fact. I keep my mouth shut on this issue because it hasn't been proven either way yet. The way I look at it is this: ICE powerplants are not efficient by any stretch, I'm sure there are ways to make the ICE more efficient that haven't been thought up yet. It does us no good to jump down the throats of people who are trying to come up with ideas. Maybe there's the possibility that an HHO generator could become efficient enough to produce enough hydrogen to make an engine use less gas.. maybe there isn't.. but there is most certainly something out there that can, and if we don't pioneer it, we'll never find it. The real problem is the people who see these ideas as "get rich quick" scam and market a bunch of usless crap with claims of doubling your fuel mileage for only $99.99, thats where skepticism, like mine, comes from. That and there's also the people who know their chemistry and have done the math. So far, everyone I've seen who has actually done their homework, has concluded that HHO doesn't work, and by the numbers, I believe them.

Last edited by reformed; 07-19-2008 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: grammar... as usual