View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post

The Template is a harsh mistress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
I am also suspicious of the "punt" in the back:

It may generate some downforce, but I think it adds drag. And the sides are not tapered; only the roof is tapered in plan. It looks like the rear wheel track is narrower, but the sides are not tapered:
The forums allowed me to attach the diagram, but not the diagram on the Template, Facebook kept crashing Opera when I tried to use it for image hosting, and I cannot get an actual URL to link anymore.

Why would they taper the roof in plan, but not the sides? That is like skipping leg day!

That "punt" is weird, I wonder what they call that. An inverse bumper? A "No spare tire for you?!" It looks cool, but I cannot imagine any benefit beyond cost and weight savings, and no advantage making it worthwhile.

As I mentioned, no bumper or spare tire. Prefer fix-a-flat or calling the Turkish equivalent of AAA? Fine, but I really think that at least having the option of a spare tire is worthwhile. I have had several tires shred. Fix-a-flat cannot fix that. I am often out of cell phone range, which would make it difficult to put up the AAAsignal. It probably also shrinks the trunk more than tapering the sides would. Those are skinny tires! They do not need much room!