View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rango318
EcoModding Lurker

Geoff - 5 speed swap - '02 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 49.46 mpg (US)

Fusing Titanium - '19 Ford Fusion Titanium
Team Ford
90 day: 50.91 mpg (US)
mk4 jetta TDI mostly full belly pan build

So, I have finally gotten around to building the underbelly for my 2002 Jetta. A little information to start. It is an automatic, with just over 239k miles. Current mods are front air dam (which is coming off), radiator blocks, and hypermiling while I can. I have a round trip drive for work, M-F, 56 miles. Current average for the car is 45.7 for the 90 days, and 46.4 three tank average.

Now to the build. I have had a mk4 Passat pan for a few years now that I got from a friend for free. I few weeks ago I finally found the Lowes has 4x8 sheets of coroplast for $50. I didn’t really want to spend that much, but I was considering it. This last week while at work, I found that someone was getting about to junk a plastic truck bed liner. I told him that I would take it off his hands, which instantly set into motion my thoughts about finally putting my pan together.

I received it Tuesday, and it turns out to be perfect. I was expecting the liner with tall ridges in it, but it actually has the small, short ones. I figure the ridges should help to funnel the air out the back of the car easier, and smooth the air flow.

Tonight, before it go too dark to see, I was able to attach the Passat pan to the front of the car. I also cut the base of the bed liner out, and trimmed the area for the front wheels to turn. I tried to take some pics, but it is to dark tonight, so tomorrow will have to do.

The eclipse has retired, but I still like seeing it around
The Following User Says Thank You to Rango318 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-25-2014)