View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Andy at Focallocal
Roadtrip London2Vietnam!

thanks. its quit on me completely today, so i'll need to get to the root of the problem ..but without any money that might be difficult.

was going fine, but limited to 2k revs with the EDC and Fuel Filter lights on and then just lost power and the engine cut out. was turning over fine, but didnt sound like it was ever anywhere near starting again (on diesel). Now its stranded outside of Wroclaw, Poland without enough money for a tow truck, so i'm gonna try hitch-hiking with a van

my other ideas are that i should bypass the stock filter for the WVO line (its already been filter to 5micron), or that the pump is not lubricating properly as i understand that the 2002 uses the diesel for lubrication. the revs do (did) return to normal pretty quickly after switching back to Diesel, so maybe that'd fit.

I'm not expceting a solution over the forums, but thought it would hurt to ask. The EDC and Battery lights on the control panel stay on when i turn the key. i'm wondering if what i really need is to sell and buy a non CDI van..