View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #141 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
I used a similar fan in the driver side rear window of the chevy for quite a long time. It worked quite well and I left it in there all the time, but it won't work in my civic because the windows are curved.

I'm interested to see how the lights work out for you, and wonder how the ones on Ebay would compare.
I avoided the eBay lights as I've read a lot about a lot of trash LEDs. The ones on SuberBrightLEDs aren't the cheapest, but they're not far from it if you start looking at LEDs that aren't cheap Chinese junk.

I should have specified about the fans though, in the link you quoted I meant his second attempt:

As I understand it, the battery box draws in air from the vent behind the passenger seat, and exhausts it either through the vents in the hatch area on both sides. It appears to me that his fans, if running while the car is turned on, would be pushing air backward and against the fan inside the battery compartment. This air would eventually exit behind the passenger seat. I suppose there's no way to avoid pulling it apart and looking at the ducting.

Last edited by Ecky; 11-02-2014 at 04:09 PM..