View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #91 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I have never used these controllers before so the following is just a guess.
I would say the controller giving an error when the throttle is below a few percent could be correct behaviour.
I think the controller is acting as programmed. Perhaps the throttle is off by a bit. The issue appears to be B channel below 0.20 V

Quote:
When you put the throttle control in the car the pedal would hold the throttle at something above zero with foot off.
I tried setting the throttle to above 0% (future video). The controller allows the start, but wants the throttle back down to 0% before it will drive the car. So I have the throttle at just below 0% and I can adjust the pedal position when starting. This works but is less than ideal.

I may try to re-calibrate with the throttle starting at 1% or so. That may work?

Quote:
I would imagine there would be a high pedal lockout as well which would bring up an error at 100% throttle control travel. Full throttle from the pedal (foot flat to the floor) would likely only give 95% of throttle control travel. Anything higher would be recognised as a possible return spring break and present an error.
There is a high throttle lockout. The condition you describe could trigger it. The A channel is also about double the value of the B channel, so if the channels do not agree, the throttle faults as well (like if a wire is not connected because I didn't have the connector all the way in. B channel was at 0.00V)

Quote:
I imagine that is why there is a calibration sequence so the controller can find where the zero pedal travel and full pedal travel appear in the available throttle control travel.
There are only a couple of throttles supported. I expect that the calibration may be to support other throttles. But that's a guess on my part

When my Min-SD card arrives (not micro ... there is a spec for Mini SD that was popular for about 10 minutes). This is the memory card that the Controller supports for logging and for upgrades to the firmware. I expect that the firmware is *WAY* behind.