View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
AlexanderB
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Are they just going to crush all old cars?
No, but they did offer people who live inside the city center and own a diesel car thats "too old" a $1500 discount on a new car if they crush their current ride..
Can't buy anything for that though, unless you put in a ton of cash yourself, so its kind of a hollow gesture.

Quote:
Would it be feasible to sell in another country?
It happens a lot, and they usually pay around market value, so its a good alternative to sending cars to the scrap for the regular $150 reward.
However, I don't think my car would be in demand, and certainly not for the amount of money its worth to me.

Quote:
This reminds me of the episode "Half a Life" From Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I have not seen that one I think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Come on, they just rule out a type of vehicle in the city center. Some cities ban all vehicles. You can own them, just not have them in the city.
Thats all fine and well, but:
1: I have to be there to install wireless acces points all over the city center, government paying our company to do that. I'll just borrow or rent a car to go there, I suppose.
2: they include the Jaarbeurs and some of the large acces roads, its not just the pedestrian-filled center.
3: It gets worse, theres apparently some roads that are one-way into the 'zone', with no way to turn around. So stop and go back against a one-way street or go into the zone to turn around and get fined €230 ($290) by an automated license plate scanner.

Quote:
In the case of Utrecht you don't want to drive a car in the city center anyway unless you have to.
I'll have to, work.

Quote:
Think medieval town, lots of canals and narrow passages, hardly any parking space and lots of people in the street.
Parking garages are a very usefull thing.