View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
AlexanderB
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Does it need to be a brand-new car, or just one new enough? I would not expect many people go to from a car worth fifteen hundred dollars or less to a brand-new one
A brand new one, yes, so you see how thats really not helping people but makes the government sleep at night, because they offered people a 'fair deal', right?

The government here worked hard to root out "old" cars before, with a "cash for clunkers" type scheme where you could turn in any car you wanted to get a fixed $1.5k (I think) discount and the car was crushed. Completely emptied the market for sub 1k cars, because they all got bought up and scrapped by people who used them as discount coupons for the new car they wanted anyway. "Worked as intended", right?

Lots of perfectly fine cars went in the shredder. Oh well, can't save them all, I suppose. Made lots of cars into rare cars by shredding all but a hand full of them, including my own (only 7 or so left with this engine and 3 door body.)

Quote:
They work with a scientist that is turning sixty and in his culture, in order to prevent burdensome old people, they put them to sleep.
Ah, yes. Similar storylines also show up in other works of fiction.

Quote:
The last time that I drove in the San Francisco area, I realized that I was approaching a toll bridge without any cash, and I there was not any way to turn around. They did not accept debit. I believe they told me to call the department before they issued the citation to get a discount.
Yeah, exactly...