View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #152 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyruscosmo View Post

Guess what rolled into my parking lot... A toyo highlander. One of the guys who used to work here has one and let me crawl around under it taking pictures. That front mount is an iron piece and tucked up in there pretty good. The whole unit sits on a removable sub-frame.

E*clips is right it is designed to handle a lot of torque.
Cyruscosmo
Last night I did some double checking fits on my car. The MGR will fit tightly if mounted backwards in the rear. I'll have to cut out two gas tank support brackets. If mounted in the direction it was designed, the rear suspension gets in the way and the driveshafts would be at too much of an angle.

In the front it will be MUCH easier. I actlually have space for two MGR's side by side. WOO WOO! The motor rear mount will be easy using that double bolt poly isolator - I'll just weld a round reciever (or two) to the frame crossmember. The front will be easy using a top mounted crossmember that mounts to the frame rails. In fact, it will be just as easy to built the mount for 1 motor as two. Hmmm Perhaps this is an opportunity for a built-in frame stiffener....

We need an mad scientist smiley

- e*clipse