View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #158 (permalink)
Cyruscosmo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Cyruscosmo -- I found the page, but it says 150kW, or 201hp;

AutoSpeed - The Electric Porsche

Sorry Maybe you could three of them.

I've got an exploded view that shows the front crossmember. I'm curious whether it could be just turned upside down. But the whole subframe would be interesting to see.

e*clipse -- What do you think for the adaptors? 1/4" steel plate? 1/4" aluminum plate? 1/8" steel with flanged edges?
Thank Ya for the link Freebeard

Actually even 201HP would work well with a modified C4. The C4 is 2.46:1 in first gear, 1.46:1 in second and 1:1 in third. With the additional gear reduction in the differential it would get a Z3 off the line pretty quick. Add an additional motor for a dual stack and you would have 400hp at 0 RPM. I am pretty sure you could lay down some rubber with that combo.

From what I could see the front mount could be turned upside down but why? You already have those two frame arms that stick out that hold the engine/trans in the VW. The new pads to hold that bracket could be welded to either side of or on top on those arms. I am not sure how wide the bracket is or the arms on the Bug. I would guess the distance from one mount center line to the other at about 14 inches. I tried to get some good pictures but everything is so close under there that I only got parts.

Cyruscosmo