View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #615 (permalink)
LeeCig
This is a 91 Honda! HDY!

HDY! 91 Honda - '91 Honda Civic Base
Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
You mentioned it burns a lot of oil, right? If the plugs are coated in oil that quickly, you are likely fouling out the plugs and getting little to no power out of those two cylinders.

I think I'd be looking seriously at a rebuild or replacement motor.
I didn't. I'm starting to keep a "log" (mentally) of it. I know if it's using oil it's gonna be rings but if it's only leaking down it's going to be a valve cover. Since valve cover gasket is cheap, gonna try to get that done this weekend.

If it comes down to needing a rebuild, I'm gonna find a d15z1, or at least find out if it'll fit Just beginning my Honda journey. Only previous experience is owning a 2000 Accord a few years ago, and paying to have the engine replaced. I'm ready to tackle this sort of thing myself now (more resources).

I should probably replace the plug wires to be on the safe side. Maintenance history on those is unknown. They appear to be in good shape though.

It has a hot start problem if you touch the gas pedal at all while hitting the starter. Let it sit for a bit, and it starts first crank. That's about all I know to report right now.