View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #191 (permalink)
Cyruscosmo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
Cool - thanks for the numbers, CyrusCosmo!

I'm glad my response didn't bug you; often people don't talk about it, you just notice a lack of enthusiasm or participation. I certainly don't want to get into a "my tool is bigger" contest, especially with the tools I have...

When I first started thinking about this, the AC Propulsion motor was about the only high performance AC option. It was way out of my budget, so I spent some serious time looking into small, efficient trannies that would work. Unfortunately, everything I found was "custom" and expensive as well. The options available now - batteries, motors, trannies, etc - make this really fun!

I'll put together a spreadsheet with some form of combined output torque and speed graph. I'm really curious to see how this will work out. Oh yeah, would you have weight #'s for the C4 and a scoobie diff? It seems it would be good to compare the system performance.
LOL I am already a bit envious of your mill... by the way what size is it? I will just make sure to get one a couple inches 'Larger"

One of the reasons I like the C4, is that it has two bands. Properly adjusted they do not touch the rotating mass when in direct drive so the losses can be numbered as two ball bearings and a couple slip rings for hydraulic power transfer to the internal clutches. The other is that they already come with a user modification and after market data base with thousands of parts that are not OEM.

Lets see. I would guess the transmission after mods to be about 30 pounds tops. The guts are about 6 inches in diameter by about nine. The trans-axle version would be maybe 50? Unless I get really carried away with a thicker than needed aluminium case.

I will have to see about weighing those parts. The subie trans is still all in one piece though but the trans-axle version was not going to be the first one made.

Cyruscosmo