Thread: Oh dear...
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Balto, I am very sorry, I hope that you are able to find something soon.

I remember a thread where jails and guards were briefly discussed, it may have been one of my locked ones. My Sergeant is or was a prison guard and I know two more guards in my Guard unit--one was upset because he missed his day job for drill, where he was paid much worse.

All that I can say is that it is relatively good pay, but like most jobs, employees do not feel they are paid what they are worth. I remember a former guard writing that many of his coworkers were guards because their anger issues prevented them from being police like they desired.

For anyone that does not know, CHP is California Highway Patrol. When I was a kid, we lived in California, and watched a show called CHiPs.

Good luck!
Tbh I was happy with 9$ an hour. I didn't feel like I was getting underpaid - shrugs -. I was just happy to have a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Balto,

Are you looking to be John, or Ponch?

I know some police officers and prison guards, and both can be a pretty rough job. Be prepared for culture shock if you go down that path.
Yea I know it's quite different. I have a friend who is the head of the swat at the Adelanto prison, it's the local max security iirc. I was going to follow up with him this coming week, but I was just looking for tips before I did.