View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardattack View Post
Thanks for input guys. Dirty fave that is good idea about rewarding driver. Have to study on how to do so with the different trucks and routes. Have to check on the mud flaps. There is some highway miles from terminal to route and back. Wife has drove 340 in one day. Routes are made up in office but doesn't make any sense at times. Only the new drivers use them though. After they learn route it's done to get done as early as possible which go in hand with fewer miles. Thanks a lot for the input and keep it coming.
I was going to suggest a reward system too, but it will be tricky to sort out. With so many different types of vehicles, it is not a level playing field.

Hold a driver training class. Most hypermiling techniques would be off the table, but things like using the brakes less, accelerating slower (every FedEx driver I've seen is either at WOT or stomping on the brakes), and keeping the speed down should be acceptable. Maybe run gauges (ultragauges are cheaper so ROI should be quicker) in their trucks for a week without anyone knowing why, hold a class and inform the drivers of the push to improve efficiency, and then reward the driver that has the highest percentage increase over their baseline.

I think most aero mods would be a hard sell on a corporate vehicle.

It may make sense for the owner to sell some of the less efficient vehicles and buy more of the more efficient vehicles. Maybe even buy some smaller vehicles. A light delivery day might be handled by a Ford Transit Connect or similar.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods