View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #182 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The donkey CRX View Post
OG, your lack of performance and MPG could be due to colder weather or wind and rain. Don't panic until you are able to do a commute in clear weather with temps around 50 degrees. Every time I get stuck in heavy rains and wind, I always think something must have gone wrong with the motor because of the lower performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I noticed the loss of power with my insight as well in cold weather. Even if I drive around for 20+ miles. I too thought something was wrong until yesterday when it was ~65 and the car ran awesome, was easily getting 60+ mpg where lately, when the temps are ~35-45 I struggle to get 52-57.
Thanks for the insights fellas. You two are as seasoned as they come, so I hope your exactly right and that nothing is wrong with the old girl. I just figured that since the air was colder, it would perform better. Could just be what's still left in me from watching the first Fast & Furious though...

I'm still going to check the plugs. 3rd gear, in particular, feels hesitate to kick in on the throttle. I put half a bottle of SeaFoam in this morning. Maybe their is a bit of krusties stuck in an injector?
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX