Thread: Betsy impresses
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Congrats, that's some darn nice mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xusn96 View Post
Yeah I'm planning on going back to an economy car after the old girl runs her course, for now she's still kicking. Biggest debates right now is whether to invest in new struts on all 4 corners, other suspension components, tires coming due, wheel bearings. It's reaching the point of how far will further investment take this ride. Harsh salty, snowy winters and rear wheel wells that are starting to rust out.... Reminds me of friends who were struggling with having to put down one of their dogs(cancer).
Take the plastic rocker panel covers off once (it's easy). Mine is just starting on the dog legs (rear wheel wells), but my driver's side rocker has a nice long crack. You may find them in very rough shape.

As the owner of an '04 that recently had a set of Gabriel struts and springs put on (along with front wheel bearings and a ball joint), if you replace 'em you'll probably not want to go to an econobox after enjoying the ride Say what you will about the fuel economy, but these things are fabulous highway cruisers.