View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The heat-ac blower motor in the sentra is a replacement, Seimens marked as well as made in China, much noisier than the original even though the housing is spotless (cleaned by me preventatively). Last night I turned the switch to high speed and it blew the fuse. I've already replaced the blower fan speed switch and found the high setting
had overheated and melted the plastic housing.

It's my belief that the cheap chinese made motor caused a chain reaction of overloaded and therefore failed components that probably would have never failed otherwise. I see this as a significant factor in the numebr of future repairs that may not have been necessary had there placement parts been of better quality.

My advice to all of you is to check the OE price of parts before buying the cheapest, especially those parts that require a considerable amount of labor to replace. The consequences of a single poor quality part causing a catastrophic failure, like a melted wiring harness after overamping a fuse to keep the defective blower motor working, could cost you a car.

In Virginia you would have no legal remedy against the seller of said part other than replacement. I got tired of replacing the chinese blower motor resistor in the Ranger, bet a factory Ford part would have lasted more than 3 months regardless of the lifetime warranty on the chinese part.

Man I would hate to do an 8 hour heater core replacement and have that new core fail then next day, then they cheerfully hand me the exact same warranty part.

Bought a cheap harbor freight hydraulic floor jack that worked maybe 15 times then blew a seal. Another electric grinder that failed running and you could not turn it off except by unplugging it! They asked me when I returned it what was wrong with it?
Told them you could not turn it off, unless you pulled the plug. Gave me another one and it has worked fine for several hours.

regards
mech