View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I doubt that the effect of oxyhydrogen on the combustion process could have escaped the academic world.
Do you know of any publication by any of the recognized university physics departments describing it? Or physic scholar debating it?

If any of this made it to a reputed scientific publication then there is no debate.
If no scientist deemed the matter worthy of publication then there must be a reason for it.

We are hungry for knowledge and love the startling and exciting stuff more than the textbook wisdom, but we have seen too many scams to not be cautious.
We want proof of those claims, not the user testimony kind of stuff - too many patients firmly believe their placebo drugs cured them - but scientifically sound and repeatable experimentation, with an academic backing.

I had a look if I could find any.
Wikipedia does not bode well: Oxyhydrogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and Hydrogen fuel enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Encyclopedia Brittanica is much more informative, and shows some interesting aspects as the fact that pure oxyhydrogen gas will not burn completely, as the heat that would generate would break up some of the newly formed water molecules again: Oxygen - Temperature, Oxyhydrogen, Heat, and Flame

Academicjournals.org has a research paper which shows test results of a twin cylinder diesel engine run on diesel and either oxyhydrogen or a mix of coconut gas: http://www.academicjournals.org/arti...%20et%20al.pdf. Sadly the English is quite bad and it is impossible to see how they tested or even how they derived their graphs. Lots of claims, no methods, hardly any data.
As it is just a PDF there is no peer review or such.
But it has links to Panacea University... Academic backing, so to say. Now we are getting somewhere.
Gotta check them out: Panacea - University of Pavia
Hmm, so what do they do, really? What have they achieved?
Then I found this: http://www.panaceatech.org/Marco%20Rodin%20Coils.pdf
Quote:
The Panacea University is the world’s first “unofficial” OPEN SOURCE University. No other faculty in the world covers this material. The Panacea University is not officially recognized. We call it a university as we teach – Nothing more, nothing less. Panacea’s course material is an educational series covering OPEN SOURCE clean FREE energy technology towards building our children a future.
Oh dear, oh dear. An unrecognized self proclaimed university offering course material anyone can provide. Nudge nudge.

Then from India's Ijettjornal.org: more detailed, and better readable.
This actually does provide a description of the engine used, methods and data.
It does show that the addition of oxyhydrogen gas improves the power output of a lean burning diesel engins, but sadly falls short of answering the question of whether the power needed to produce the oxyhydrogen is more than what you gain from burning it again. Instead they just refer to a 12V power supply, which in fact could be a reasonable setup: just have an extra 12V battery to generate the oxyhydrogen and charge it on the mains, turning a diesel engined car into a partial plugin EV.
Whether that beats an alternator delete setup?

A worthy source of information is this patent for an oxyhydrogen generator: Patent US20140216366 - Hydrogen on-demand fuel system for internal combustion engines - Google Patents.
Now a patent is not proof it works, but the description gives a wealth of references to follow up on. It also describes the problems of other systems of generating oxyhydrogen so it deserves a good look by anyone tempted to use those.

It also cites a 1977 NASA document (EMISSIONS AND TOTAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION OF A MULTICYLINDER PISTON ENGINE RUNNING ON GASOLINE AND A HYDROGEN-GASOLINE MIXTURE) that all the HHO sites refer to (f.i. http://empirehydrogen.com/docs/NASA_TN_D-8487.pdf)
Reading that I don't really see why.
NASA replicates some of the results the Indians discovered 35 years later, but again the effect is not really staggering. It does have some beneficial effects, it would be impossible not to have that, but again it is doubtful that it would outdo the cost of generating hydrogen - at best. NASA sees it as a problem and looks into generating hydrogen from methanol, which seems to defeat practicality.

I can go on like this but every link I try and every reference I check ultimately ends in insignificance or worse.

So, I have tried to find any good but I am not convinced oxyhydrogen can be of practical use; the contrary, rather.
It does drive me towards biochemically processing a mild ethanol mixture, so it is time to end this post now while I take that matter to heart.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 11-25-2014 at 05:11 PM..
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (04-10-2015), Frank Lee (11-26-2014), jamesqf (11-26-2014), mcrews (11-26-2014), niky (11-26-2014), oldtamiyaphile (11-26-2014), roosterk0031 (11-25-2014), RustyLugNut (11-25-2014), Xist (11-26-2014), Xusn96 (11-26-2014)