View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

You speak with the broad strokes of a writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Nobody here has ever debated that hydrogen injection can work.

The only question has ever been "Can you supply enough from an onboard bubbler to make an actual difference."

Not holding my breath, either.

It's very easy to show economy results. Hell... propane enrichment and water/alcohol injection (for diesels, nothing doing on gasoline cars) proponents show them all the time in the form of instrumented testing results.

But then, they're not trying to generate their own fuel on the fly...
Your last sentence shows you have missed the whole point of the exercise. At no time have I ever said we are producing a fuel stream.

Have you built a water injection system from the ground up? Have you done the same for a propane/natural gas injection into a diesel? Have you done any research work in dyno cells? You write about it, but have you ever done it?

Do you know how to use an electrolysis device to capture some of the waste heat of combustion and reduce the generator losses?

Do you understand the principles behind the chemical kinetics that govern combustion in my discussion outlined above?

Have you ever designed and built instrumentation to measure in cylinder pressure curves? Have you designed and built fuel flow meters that can measure accurately down to less than a cc/min? Have you designed a wireless strain gauge integrated into the drive-shaft of a vehicle to measure road going loads?

Believe me, when I say there will be instrumented data to peruse. I understand the Sagan Test. And I understand that instrumented data will not be enough to even convince the most dogged opponent.

Edit.
I have to add that the instrument work I participated in 20 years ago, is now found in off the shelf applications. Road going dyno systems can be purchased for a few thousand dollars.

Last edited by RustyLugNut; 11-26-2014 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Additional.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
Disco007 (06-26-2018)