View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Vince-HX
Ecoformance Engineer

EJ7 - '96 honda civic Hx
Last 3: 58.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by getnpsi View Post
I just put my combined down another mpg from 34 to 33. I didn't know there was a site that shows a combined mileage, i thought it was just something you figure out on paper, which was a 34 for me. ASSuming I drive 55% city and 45% highway i should arrive at a certain number. Well i know where and how i drive and i would say that is wrong as well. I deliver pizzas in this car, we are talking about 75% city. Knowing I never stay at 45-55 mph for any long stretch of time kills my mileage but here I am flirting with 40mpg so its a good ego boost to know if i did take a trip and draft a semi it would be way up there. My other car cant get to epa ratings old OR new unless I turn off the engine everywhere i can. I think the epa should be dropped another 5mpg for the neon.
Hmmm, recently with improving driving techniques my city has been killing my highway mileage. Drive it like a hybrid and you should get mpg's like a hybrid which typically have higher city numbers.

In between delivery's does your car stay pretty warm? Have your ever thought about a engine heater plugged in while @ work to keep everything toasty and ready to go?

70 mpg or die modding

www.full-race.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
looking forward to seeing what kind of uber-sipper slinks out of the full race skunkworks.