View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
New Moto X in just a few days!

I am super pumped about it! Mine will be Black front, Walnut back, and still deciding on the accents...red or yellow (which hopefully look green, like they do on my LCDs).

The device is $400. You can learn more about the device here: Motorola Moto X (CDMA, 2nd gen.) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

To learn more about RW with the new X, go here: https://republicwireless.com/info/ph...oto-x-2nd-gen/

So far, this has been my cost with RW NOT including the sale of my old device (Defy XT), and not including referrals. So just expenses so far, about $50 per month. Adding in the new X and the referrals will do who knows what to it, but will surely help.

So how do I like the service? I love it. Is it the best? HECK NO!
Where I live, there is close to no service. Verizon, TMO, whatever. But I love to travel, go weird places, do whatever whenever. There is nothing stopping me from that with any other company...but when I hit zero service, I can use WiFi. I jump on, and I have full signal. Airplane? Cruise? Out of the country? WIFI!

But the real perk? If I only want WiFi, then $5 per month. Full phone functioning as if on Airport, unless on WiFi. So I want calls and SMS? $10. But I am a gluten, and want me 3G...so I pay $25.

Quite a few people here are already on it, but I wanted to bring it up to let people know. There is a good selection of phones right now.

X(2)- 399
X- 299
G*- 149
E- 99

* There is a new G, so be on the lookout for that being added. The new G is rather comparable with the old X, and DOES accept [micro] SD cards, so it is a contender as long as Okay Google Now isn't critical.

I doubt the old X will drop in price, but expect the used market to start seeing more and more old Xs. Mine is up on eBay as we speak, so if you want a good deal on it (10% off for any EMers), PM me and I will give you the link. Keep in mind, two weeks to a month from now, you will probably have better offers. As the new X hits the streets, more and more people will be picking them up and replacing their old gear.

Although I am shamelessly plugging here, I love the brand, and I hope others chime in with their experience, pros and cons. I am sure there are more negatives, I just don't give them much mind for the price.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.