View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #235 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Just finished off a tank. This was the first with any major disparity between computer and at-the-pump. I suspect this pump filled the tank a bit more than usual, guess I'll see at next fillup. I was expecting 71.6 and ended up with 66.7.

Took a trip to Orlando to help my brother get moved in, averaged 78.9 on the way there, and 71.9 on the way home. Not sure why MPG was much lower on the drive back, the weather and my speed were around the same, perhaps different gas? There seem to be a lot of hidden variables that can make large differences.

While in town I went to Whole Foods to stock my brother's fridge, and averaged 108 up until I got in his neighborhood, through around 10 stoplights in Orlando traffic at 2PM. I was incredibly excited that I might be able to check my "106MPG" trip checkbox, but the last half mile to get to his place had a bunch of stop signs and I came up just a bit short. Makes me wish I lived somewhere a little flatter.

In other news, due to excessive winter humidity it took almost 5 days for the vinegar smell to go away completely.