View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
looks a lot like the interior and fuel filler cap of my old 1989 xj6, so I'd say 1988 thru 1994 xj6? Hopefully 1991 or after, or you'll have to deal with all the HSMO nightmare.

Lol on the second rear view mirror though, mine only had the one

***edit***

I followed the link to your site and yup, it's an XJ6.
I had an 89 Vanden Plas and then a 90 Sovereign. I took the fuel system from my 89 and dropped it into the Sovereign, and then took the double round lights from the Vanden Plas and swapped them onto the Sovereign to replace those big square Volvo-looking lights.

I still miss my Jags like crazy other than:

#1 - My Vanden Plas ate HSMO like it was going out of style, and the whole car seemed to run on it. Since it leaked, the brakes, rear shocks and power steering were never quite functioning correctly, so I looked for a second Jag.
#2 - I found the Sovereign on CL, and it was beautiful inside and out. The owners couldn't get it started, so I got it for a grand. Swapped the fuel system and the lights off the Vanden Plas and it fired up. Found out at that point it was stuck in "limp home mode", so I drove it for 27,000 miles in third gear! Pulling away from a light, it was slower than my Insight. At highway speed, that straight six was doing like 3500 rpms, but I never did kill it.

I did love those quirky Jags, though. The Brits knew how to finish off a car to make it luxurious, but they sure didn't know how to make the electronics work!

Last edited by cowmeat; 12-22-2014 at 02:10 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
320touring (12-22-2014)