View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 05:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
Cowmeat- sounds like you had a real liking for these- they are great cars- much more Exclusive and special than the offerings from BMW/Merc et al of the same era
Yeah, it was more like a love/hate relationship. Like one of my exes, she was smoking hot so I put up with her craziness for a while!

Loved the leather & wood-finished interior, hated that the windows only rolled down randomly, and the doors only opened from the inside.
Loved the solid smooth ride, hated that the rear always sagged like a Kentucky moonshiner from lack of HSMO fluid in the self-leveling unit
Loved the long, low lines, hated that the dash scrolled every problem with the car while I was driving.
Loved the stainless steel trim instead of cheap chrome, hated the insane hammering noise from riding with the windows up but the sunroof open
Loved the entire look of the car, hated the OEM rims and loud Michelin tires.
Loved the single wiper. Hated that it worked randomly so I had to Rain-X all the time
Loved the smooth power of the 4.0 straight 6 and the J shifter, hated that it was stuck in third gear it's whole life and the shifter was useless. . . . . You get the picture.

Would I buy another one? Absolutely!

Last edited by cowmeat; 12-23-2014 at 07:48 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
dirtydave (12-23-2014)