View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #162 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Sounded like a knock!?!?

It was nasty cold out yesterday afternoon, and before I went out to get stuff for a hand throttle and kill switch I turned Skiddy on. Came out 2 minutes later, and as she was coming down from a cold fast idle, it sounded like it was knocking

Got under the hood, looked around, no knock!! Found the noise coming from the driver's side motor mount! Took it apart and got an idea! Put it back together to show how it sat before. The top view really shows the bad angle where the noise came from. It looks like I should have heard this a long time ago!! The second view is more of an elevation view, it will make more sense after I show my solution...

Read around online and found out that the block has different mounting points from OBD0 - OBD1/2. HASPORT makes very pretty/expensive solution that I'm not ready to buy yet like this:

Like I said, I'm not ready to buy the motor mount yet, but I'm sure ready to drive so I made the motor mount sit at a new angle with 2 washers:

now looking down from the top it looks pretty straight:

That should get me by for a few weeks until I can afford the sexy mount
Drove to work today in Skiddy, and no scary noises

unless the old lady's got big plans this weekend, I'll be doing the hand throttle for skiddy!

Thanks,
Victor