View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #136 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

Hey Amigo...I hadn't seen this thread! Now what you sent me makes a bit more sense. You most certainly have increased your overall adiabatic efficiency with obvious recapture of heat energy to do a bit more work. Any idea what your overall efficiency gain has been realizing the engine and drive train losses? Any target number your looking for goal wise?
This is a pretty cool project and also realize why you are wanting to utilize waste solvent. I have a bunch too along with waste oils I'm using for heat right now.

Also if this helps your thinking any, more of a response to a few pages back, my Proto bikes turbo is designed to produce positive pressure just above 1k in rpm under load. This was necessary for what I'm doing. Thus why I had to hybrid the turbo.

Also I have Variable Valve Oil Restrictors that I make (inline mostly with both ends tapped npt 1/8 for any AN fitting) and have available at some local speed shops here. I'd be happy to send you one on me...It helps with dialing in flow rate with different oil viscosity, different operating and ambient temperatures and you can dial in how many ml exactly to keep oil resistance down yet keep the unit well lubed during operations. especially at WOT. My IHI on the SV has the flow rate set at 75ml per min and has worked well for over 30K miles. I use a 10/40 in winter and 10/50 in summer. btw, just tried out my extremely difficult to cut titanium journal bushing, it's pretty equivalent to ball bearing performance!

Way interesting thread ya got here!!

Last edited by naturalextraction; 01-03-2015 at 06:17 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (01-03-2015)