View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Miller88
Master EcoModder

XJ Cherokee - '00 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 12.96 mpg (US)

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 36.78 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
Post 8 shows a pic of the block, I removed the grill and used caulk to stick coroplast to the inside of it for a "stealth" block. A small election sign with the grill diagonal was all that was needed in materials. Make sure to paint the material before attaching the 2 pieces. My sign was blue and yellow and from different angles you can still see it because I painted everything afterward lol.

I have not yet begun to block the lower but I am pretty sure that I can block the 2 outer sections and still get plenty of cooling using just the middle for air. When I do, I will do it from the back with black painted coroplast zip-tied to the grill. Other concerns are the fog lights, they are just open in the rear and probably causing problems for me. Thinking about using a clear film to cover the whole area and if I get enough, maybe do the lower grill that way too.
Do you have a smartphone? The $7 ELM 327 bluetooth adapters work great for monitoring temps. On my 2011, it runs 2-3C cooler with the two outermost lower grilles blocked. The only thing I can think is the air flows through it faster?