View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
It's funny, I started a thread on the Chevy Cruze forum about the downsides of aftermarket intakes. I pointed out that most K&N dyno charts don't go down to low rpm ranges because (most likely) they want to hide the fact that you'll lose low-rpm torque. Take this one for example. It cuts off below 2100 rpm.

http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-4522_dyno.pdf

Anyway, there were only a few comments and they were all negative. Some people just don't want to hear it. That's something I appreciate about ecomodder.
Not necessarily. 2100 rpm could just be where they started the dyno pull. I don't really see why a company like K and N would try to hide a loss of very little hp/torque when they make products focused on WOT performance.

I was a little worried when I originally saw the CAI on the car, but after seeing the rest of the car in person it looked like it was taken care of pretty well.

As for the mirrors, I got them from Amazon. I'll have to double check which vendor it was and get back to you. But ya they're not amazing quality by any means but they'll do the job and I've been able to adjust them to where I need them so I'm happy.

Last edited by bluesteel93; 01-10-2015 at 01:12 PM..