View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:56 AM   #165 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
not an ECOMOD, but a mod nontheless!

got a nasty case of the lazies and took some time off from the garage..

UPDATE:

Found an ugly set of speaker pods online (the guy selling them wasn't cool either) and couldn't make a deal
Kept looking around and found a set listed as 91 hatchback speaker pods that looked pretty decent from what the ONE picture online showed. The seller said it would come with the mounting brackets, bolts, and factory wire extensions - for $15 more than the ugly ones!

My buddy OG VX said I could make it fit, so I bought them

This is what came in the mail:

First thoughts - man, these things are tiny! But It fits the look, the color is spot - on, Stock connections and brackets, and IF THEY WERE FOR A 91 HATCH, THEY FIT MY 89 WAGON PERFECTLY So I basically followed this write - up from civicwagon: [EE/EY/EF] Installation of OEM Rear Optional Speaker Pods

I followed the directions enough to get the general idea anyway Once I got the pods mounted (top halves) you got to check this out (wally-world sony speakers 5 1/4 inch) - very cool stuff

Tied the wires on and soldered / heat shrunk connections inside the pods:

Put the bottoms on the pods and ready for some tunes!!

the picture above is looking thru the rear side window. see the remote in the back? YUP. new (old) stereo went into Skiddy as well. I'll share more on that one tomorrow, since it's only about 90% finished. Remember, I plan to keep this car forever so what the heck right?

The next one (radio) is pretty hard- core, and I'll only tell you now that I've been dreaming of this next mod for YEARS, that it's CRAZY and makes no sense. It is, however, insanely cool and my 5 year old girl and I will enjoy it as much as possible within the limits of the law until this "dream seutp" is totally done. Then the little one can enjoy whenever, or we can enjoy after the "old lady" learns how to drive a stick....

I'll let you guys stew on that until tomorrow night at the earliest! good night!

Thanks,
Victor

The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
Cobb (01-12-2015)