View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #170 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awcook View Post
Dang man, that looks sick! We were thinking about doing the same with my mom's minivan back when we had a PS2, except it would only work in the backseat (no front driving distractions).

How are you running it without draining all of the battery's power? My mom's minivan has lost all battery power (Odyssey, I think with deep cycle battery) if you just left a light in the back seat on, I'm not sure how that would work if it was running a full on gaming system!

Thanks! Ive got a relay that only lets power to the inverter when the key is on, so key off = inverter and playstation unplugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Omg those dogs are SO CUTE!!! I want one!!

Anyway, how did you hook up a PS3 to that screen? That's pretty cool!
Thanks Balto! That's Killer on the left (he's about 14) and Abby on the right (about 9 - Killer likes younger ladies!) Both dogs were adopted and both are fixed sorry no puppies - can't have one

The ps3 has a component output as well as an hdmi. I ran the component's RCA cables directly to the head unit's AUX IN ports. Plug and play, really!

The hard part was figuring out that the playstation wanted hdmi when I first turned it on. The trick was to "long press" the power button until the second beepon first power up. that forces the output to 480p thru the components (then I could see enough to set the video proper)

Thanks,
Victor