View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

I removed the fog lamps, removed roof rack, removed roof molding, removed rear spare tire and carrier, removed trailer hitch, removed front skid plate, removed front sway bar. I went to a group 24 deep cycle battery from a group 51r. Still got the stock 50 amp alt, but I got a 105 amp one to replace it with.

I recently replaced the shoes, drums, brake springs, hoses and front calipers. The rear was missing a spring on each side. One was missing the spring at the bottom that holds the shoes to the pivot pin, the other was missing a spring up top for returning the shoes from the drum surfaces.

Stops on a dime, gives back 9 cents. I like the tires too, they grip well even on slick rainy days.

The ride is weight sensitive as to why I removed the front skid plate. I like to make a copy of the hood in fiber glass and replace it. That hood is big and freaking heavy

Next up is a snorkel as soon as I can pull the trigger on a 3 inch metal hole saw and get the nerve up to drill through the driver side fender. Then 8 inch wide wheels with same offset and back space so the tires flex more. Then a 1 inch body lift so I get more flexing for a better ride.

I couldnt say about your son. I like driving it as its got a steel frame, bumpers, body and people dont cut me off like they do in the honda cause its a hybrid. When people pass me in this they stay in the left lane vs cut back over in front of me.