Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I removed the fog lamps, removed roof rack, removed roof molding, removed rear spare tire and carrier, removed trailer hitch, removed front skid plate, removed front sway bar. I went to a group 24 deep cycle battery from a group 51r. Still got the stock 50 amp alt, but I got a 105 amp one to replace it with.

I recently replaced the shoes, drums, brake springs, hoses and front calipers. The rear was missing a spring on each side. One was missing the spring at the bottom that holds the shoes to the pivot pin, the other was missing a spring up top for returning the shoes from the drum surfaces.

Stops on a dime, gives back 9 cents. I like the tires too, they grip well even on slick rainy days.

The ride is weight sensitive as to why I removed the front skid plate. I like to make a copy of the hood in fiber glass and replace it. That hood is big and freaking heavy

Next up is a snorkel as soon as I can pull the trigger on a 3 inch metal hole saw and get the nerve up to drill through the driver side fender. Then 8 inch wide wheels with same offset and back space so the tires flex more. Then a 1 inch body lift so I get more flexing for a better ride.

I couldnt say about your son. I like driving it as its got a steel frame, bumpers, body and people dont cut me off like they do in the honda cause its a hybrid. When people pass me in this they stay in the left lane vs cut back over in front of me.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Do you have more pictures of your grill block?
Old 01-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well, not really. This form only takes low res photos uploads and my new camera is like 5 mb a photo.

The upper and lower are a piece of flashing painted black. The top one is a little loose around the edges and bottom so air can be sucked in. The bottom one covers the middle, but leaves the sides open below the license plate.

I still have the mechanical fan too. Ive wanted to go electric as the engine hums at 3-4 grand down the highway, but havent got around to it. Id like to get some under drive pulleys due to the higher rpms things spin at and maybe delete the power steering.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I used to own one of these vehicles, yours looks much much nicer. Good work.

Reply  Post New Thread