View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Bannie,
Thanks for telling us more about your fleet. You might want to start a garage page for your daily drivers; maintaining a record of results helps a lot in determining what works and what doesn't.

Granted, looking at your bio I don't think anyone really needs to tell you that.

Farmall 400, hey? That's a sweet piece of equipment, certainly means you don't wish the snowplow would come by when you can shift for yourself. I have a '45 A, but since I live on 1/4 acre I only really ever use it for fair weather fun, motoring to the post office and such. It's a smile-and-wave sort of tractor.

If you get the chance, look up Changzuki elsewhere on the EM. On top of building a compact diesel engine into a Riley kit car (and getting bonkers mileage numbers out of that), he also screwed a small Chinese diesel engine into a Suzuki bike frame. It ain't fast, but it is thrifty. Fascinating read. If you're comfortable at modest speeds on a modest bike in the name of immodest mileage, well, it gets the creative juices going.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.