View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Ey blue, I'm sorry to go off topic, but what would you recommend for suspension on a '91 Mustang? I see you have 2 Foxbodys, and the suspension is toast on my '91 and I need to find something that's good for street cruising but also a little strip time.

Where in Cali are you at?

I can't really give you advice on your build except for the tires. RE92'S make a HUGE difference when compared to almost any other 14" tire. Other than converting to lean burn, I don't think you will get any bigger benefit from any of your other mods than you will with Re92's. I was struggling for 55 a tank before my RE92'S. Now I get 62-65 doing 70-75mph with a lot of stop and go traffic and city driving. I would definitely put them at the highest of your priorities. If you live close(ish) to me I can do a cruise down to your place and we can swap my wheels on (HX wheels with RE92'S). So you can see the difference.

I had 185/65R14 on before my RE92.
Hey wolf. So my 93 GT has the Bullitt suspension shock and spring kit on it which is decently priced and it handles ok too. The bad thing is it sits like a 4x4. My SVO has H&R race springs with tokico illumina shocks. I love the way it sits and handles but it was a more expensive set up. So I guess it depends on what you want haha.

As for the tires they are definitely a priority. My list isn't really in order by priority. I'm thinking I should be able to get them next month sometime. But I'm planning on converting it to lean burn and lowering it before then. I live in south OC though and you're more then welcome to make the trip if you want to. I have plenty of free time because I'm still off of work from my knee injury. PM me if you want to set something up.