View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #84 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Where did you come up with 80k in 2 years. From what I have read, it seems like he is 22 months into a 36 month lease and his mileage allowance of 15k a year is used up.

I think assuming he is going to drive the same amount as the altima, in 22 months that would be another 45 k miles.

He has not corrected that ASSumption, but I see no reason to think he will now drive 80k in 24 months compared to a known 45 in 22 ( again not corrected by the post author).

I also think your estimateof total repair costs in a 45k mile car versus one with 200k, projected into the future is not going to pan out unless he is seriously lucky on the high mileage option.

If he is still adamant about the color of the vehicle, versus the real issues which he has, for whatever reason, chosen to ignore until they reach a critical mass, then just bite the bullet and keep driving the Altima paying only the mileage penalty over what he has paid until this point. Considering ALL the costs involved in an additional car is only adding to his problem. He has to insure and pay every other costs anyway.

Replacing the car with the Yaris option, does what for his overall costs of driving? He still has to fork over the 400 plus a month for the driveway anchor.
Pay the 400 more (in overmileage charges) and then turn it in in 14 months.

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 01-20-2015 at 08:04 AM..