View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #100 (permalink)
brett701
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
You're in a large market, pick the car you want, plus 5 and do a daily search. Cruze, sonic and new Trax share motors. And don't throw out Cobalts, my 155 hp xfe is fun to drive, barely break 4,000 rpm of the 6500 redline with 155 hp and can break the tires loose with wet pavement with 37 hwy rating. XFE's are rare but out there, not that the auto's are that bad, rated 34 hwy 09-10 IIRC, KT's cobalt has better seats than my XFE LS and does better than the fuel log shows. Took me about 6 months of watching salvage yards to find my XFE.

Lot's of Fiesta I'd lean that way myself or Focus, I'd love a Focus 2.0 SFE FFV with 5 spd.

Nothing adjainst the Vibe but the GT has larger motor, worst mpg. If you lived in say Duluth, I'd recomend this.

http://www.usautolinks.com/cgi-bin/w...to_id%3D349640

Don't know why but I have some attraction for these, if only I could get my girls to drive manuals (last one that did a LEO had to help her off the hwy from a uphill stop light). Offered the next one $50 Saturday to drive my Cobalt 10 miles and she turned me down.

Guess my 15 yo boy will get it when I move up to a Mirage. There are a couple Mirages down in you area, mpg great, warranty great, under 20,000 miles, probably at the top of my list to replace my Cobalt.

Good hunting.

Still looks like a decent buy.
http://www.usautolinks.com/cgi-bin/w...to_id%3D344120

EDIT: one I haven't noticed, not sure why it's there but looks nice(repo?)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze

Great options. Thanks for taking the time to create this response. I am still looking through them and will use this information to decide.

As far s the vibe GT engine being too big. I like that it is an engine that lasts forever & I will be getting 38 mpg from it which I thought was good.