View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
$125 sound reasonable. Bandsaw them in half, solid mount the inner half and make the outer half removable with Dzus fasteners. You could adjust the width as needed in that process. Air scoops so slowmover doesn't have to worry.

aerohead --
Quote:
At 7:45 PM,in Odessa,TX,at 350-miles( 564 km )and at 63-mph ( 100 km/h )and in total darkness,the driver side trailer wheel went it's own way,with the trailer crashing onto I-20.
Four lug bolts were gone,along with the wheel/tire and dust cap from the hub.
The lead and trailing fairing for the wheel were completely destroyed and spring fairing damaged.The bellypan was breached and rear outside corner of steel wheel well displaced inward and poised like a knife-edge over where the tire tread would have been.
I had that happen to me in the early 90s with my Type III Notchback. I made a left turn from a stop sign and within about 150 feet all four lug nuts on the left rear evaporated leaving the wheel and tire stuffed up into the wheelwell. WTF! I walked the road and they were nowhere to be found. ??? Possibly the weirdest thing that ever happened to me.

I took one lug nut off each of the other three wheels and I wasn't even late for work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-21-2015), mikeyjd (01-31-2015)