View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
So there was a 2004 ram 1500 Hemi in the shop my friend owns, I was fixing its heater core in exchange for lift time and somehow we both got it into our heads to race it against my truck.........long story short there was lots of tire smoke and wasted fuel. 1/4 of tank in 5 miles distance (32 gallon tank) Please feel free to reinforce to me how stupid I am
Your 1st post on this thread.

Scenario:

You leave your friends repair shop and in your own truck with your friend driving a customer's truck that you had replaced the heater core for your friend in trade for lift availablility.

"Please feel free to reinforce to me how stupid I am."

Later in this thread you state that the 5 miles was not on publicly maintained roads and therefore not illegal. Not many busy repair shops with a 5 mile private test track.

Reagrdless of the place where the act occured, it was still risking the property of one of your friends customers, without the permission of the owner of the truck, to say nothing of lives and or other property.

What if something had happened? I know it did not happen, but if it had happened your friend could have ended up paying for the truck. That truck also has a data logging capability that would be hard evidence of the act.
As a shop owner myself, had one of my employees raced a customers car they would have been immediately fired on the spot.

The absolute only exception to that rule would be on a sanctioned race course, with the owner in the vehicle, written permission and a waiver of liability in case of an accident of any type.

Never in a pickup truck under any circumstances. They tend to end up on their roofs a lot more than cars with drivers and passengers ejected.

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 01-28-2015 at 10:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Ecky (01-28-2015)